Iran Remains Firmly in Control
Iran remains firmly in control of their goals. And while it is being reported that the White House has been rebuffed regarding joint maritime patrols in the Strait of Hormuz with European allies, Iran has also informed Oman they are not interested in "joint patrols". The Strait of Hormuz is effectively extended as part of the sovereign boundary for Iran. They do not feel the need to share.
Yemen attempts the same maneuver with their announcement of a maritime blockade of Saudi vessels from the Bab el Mandeb Strait on 20 July. And things are now complicated further with Yemen's Ansar Allah entering the fray. Allah will have many helpers, on that front.
A fire broke out on a tanker carrying fuel designated for the U.S. military at Damietta Port (Egypt) following a drone strike. The "teaser" offered up is that the drone was launched from beyond the direct confrontation zone for battle. If playing the game of "Clue" - Somalia, Sudan, and Lebanon were offered as options.
Complicating matters, is how interested parties are conveying information about U.S. logistical movements from our bases in Kuwait and Jordan. This information is traveling into Telegram channels managed by the IRGC. But as soon as our white hats manage to shut one down, the IRGC black hats create a new channel.
It reminds me of the time I was telling a friend about attending an area art event. Tongue-in-cheek, I stated that I was trying to figure out who was the spy from Tehran. My friend replied, "Oh, Tammy! Everyone there is a spy!"
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/2023/01/11/photos-irving-exhibition-protests-oppression-of-young-women-leading-iranian-uprising/
It does remind me of the old C.I.A. joke: "Look for the naked man in the lobby with the Wall Street Journal under his left arm." Yes. I read that in a book. And, no. I am not a spy. I am a journalist. A decent one, I suppose. smile
Comments
Post a Comment