Because Islam Does not Allow Funky Town
I was just cross-pollinating the prior post over to The Last English Prince; and someone had viewed this post. As I listened to "Funky Town" again - it seems a good way to start the morning.
https://thelastenglishprince.wordpress.com/2021/08/28/because-islam-doesnt-allow-funky-town/
Watching it - fulfilled my need for morning aerobics. I am exhausted ,so will grab another coffee and a nice, large pastry. Those who really know me, are exposed to a wicked sense of humor. Nothing moves me to laughter more than human foibles and foolishness. God created us, because He has a sense of humor. And then, He gave us the ability to procreate, to remind us that He has a sense of humor.
Our own children teach us everything we really need to know about the world. It is not so much that we see the world through their eyes, rather that as parents, we want to instill in them what has passed in front of our own eyes. We want them to enjoy Funky Town but also slightly clip their wings as they mature so they don't enter Funky Town too early. Innocence is a gift. Discipline is instilled.
There is a narrative floating about, peddled by some ridiculous "influencer" or psychologist. I have heard it twice in recent months when discussing small children. The parents state, "We are in Jane's world now. She just allows us to live in it." I smile brightly while thinking, "Who the hell cooked up that silly little trope?"
Now I love Emmanuel Kant, but the metaphysical aspects can'not be applied to children (but of course we can apply them to cats). And while our own universe begins when we are born and ends when we die, the baby's world which begins in the womb accelerates and gains speed after birth. That speed for learning and absorption of new information requires a harness from the parents. And in a digital age, it is increasingly important that your children see the world through your eyes and not the plethora of viewpoints available on a screen. You are a parent first. Your primary goal should not be to be liked by your child. There are times when they will not like your decisions which are made on their behalf, but the decisions are necessary for family cohesion and safety. I always told my sons, "I am your parent first. When you are an adult, I hope to be your best friend."
As a side note, I have gained a substantial reading from China on The Last English Prince. Names of cities I have never heard of, but having sounds like pots being thrown against walls. On this site, the readership tends to lean toward Europe and the Middle East.
Busy day. Will take a look later to see what catches my interest for a post. What is above was written in streaming consciousness manner. I generally do not copy edit what I write. It should be readable enough.
Comments
Post a Comment