Nepal:  A Deep Dive and How to Help


Daily Mail has provided readership with a devastating reminder of the power of water.  I recommend you take the time to read  this "Deep Dive" offering.

https://www.dailymail.com/news/article-16084477/Nepal-flooding-glacier-collapse-disaster-explained.html

I had hesitated writing about Nepal as I did not want to recommend any particular organisation nor individual with the "deep dive" understanding when events like this occur there are (at times) unethical and fraudulent business practices attached.

After much thought,  I recommend a professional colleague - Omar Garcia - should any wish to donate funds for Nepal.  This remarkable man has spent decades providing for the poorest and hardest hit regions across the globe.  A little bit older now, he may not engage the intensity of operationa travel as in his younger years - traveling to Pakistan to re-roof houses after a devastating earthquake, etc. -  but his networks and knowledge base are strong.

https://gobeyond.blog/2009/06/23/leaving-darfur/

https://gobeyond.blog/2016/06/28/into-la-mosquitia/

https://gobeyond.blog/2022/04/22/the-shattered-homes-of-ukraine/

https://gobeyond.blog/2014/08/13/isis-is-like-a-darkness/

I include this link, in remembrance of my dear friend Dr. Tom Dickey.  His comment is the first one.  And it is because of Omar Garcia that Dr. Dickey and I ended up working side by side on a medical mission along the steppes of Mongolia. Tom was a pathologist.

https://gobeyond.blog/my-website/

You may contact Omar through his place of employment.  Tell him Tammy Swofford sent ya'.

And do include the nation of Nepal in your prayers today.


swoffordwrites@gmail.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog