04 May 2015:  A First Amendment Event


China - continues to troll along in my old WP blog.  Three hundred seventy views (in the last thirty days) from places which sound like towns which were named by slinging a metal pot down an alley and identifying the sound:

Chongqing, Xingtai, Weifang... my apologies to the Chinese.

Strangest view of all to the blog came from Bedasht, Iran.  What the hell could possibly be going on in a village with only a smattering of households? 

One of the posts which generated interest has to do with a First Amendment Event.  So indulge me and let me revisit the Curtis Culwell Center terror attack.

This event  was a response to the Charlie Hebdo terror attack in France.  Sponsored by Pamela Geller,  Geert Wilders, and Robert Spencer, it was well-attended by the press corps. I  received two complimentary passes: One for the parking lot and the second for the event.  We all had to move through a metal detector at the entrance.  

I wore black, because I knew the event would be attacked.  Dressing in anticipation of my own funeral was kind of weird. My husband offered to drive me to Garland, since it was a nice little clip from our home.  Evening traffic is quite bad.  I told him, "Only if you leave the parking lot and park yourself at a restaurant."  He stayed home; and the parking lot got the action later in the evening. 

But the totally unnecessary hatred by the two men re-enforced for  me that freedom of expression is the second divine right given by our Creator. And this is why it is included in our Bill of Rights.  It steps closely into the shadow of the first divine right offered to man  - Salvation by grace and not by works - by merely giving voice to the thought.  (Romans 10:9,10)   That Grace is Jesus. And it is with verbal expression that the gift is received.

Of course, none of us were exactly singing "Alleluia" by the time the F.B.I. released us to go home after all of the drama.  I finally arrived at home via taxi at about 1:15 a.m. All of our vehicles were part of a crime scene.   I dutifully got up the next morning and went to work.  Nursing paid the bills, not journalism.

But here is a video from the event.  Let me time stamp a few things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v52q0Z_nSEM

Timestamps:

4:48  Amil Imani  (on the right of the screen)

20:25  Pamela Geller 

30:30  Geert Wilders

59:00  Robert Spencer

1:16:03     K.M. Lessing

* Her inner/outside wardrobe mistress must hate decent Texas women.  "K.M. Lessing" - from her Goldilocks wig, to her pantyhose, to her shoes, looked like a combination of a Pasadena red-neck mama and Daisy Duke.  I caught the whiff.  An insulting look.  Her books?  I purchased them of course.  I got the sense of more than one author was involved in producing these tales.  She also had a couple of YouTube showing her throwing cream pies at an image of the Grand Ayatollah.  And then?   She took her hind quarters and probably disappeared into some hindquarter alphabet agency.   I dunno. But she was as fake as f-ck, as we say in Texas.

3:02:41  SWAT takes the stage.

My experience here: 

https://ibloga.blogspot.com/2015/05/urgent-breaking.html

We were peacefully assembled, the press corps was doing their job, and individual freedom of expression was enjoined.

Divine right. Given by God.  Affirmed by our forefathers.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog