Because the Chinese did not Give us COVID...
I tire of it all. At church, a man pulled me into the hallway. His granddaughter (age 10) went to the Emergency room. She was sent home with a COVID variant.
"Shouldn't she be in the hospital?"
"No. She has the flu."
"I have extra Paxlovid. Should I give it to her?
"No. It lessens duration of symptoms but makes more susceptible to the next variant."
* For God's sake!
Even the name "Paxlovid" smacks of pharmaceutical malpractice. Break down the Latin, and in Texas we would say, "Peace, ya know" . The Latin root "vid" traces back to the Proto-Indo-European root "weyd" which means "to see or to know". The gargoyles might have just as well told us to smoke some weed. We would feel better in no time! The truth is inescapable. A lot of people got rich. But the majority of us are poorer for our government's bent toward Communism.
The Chinese did not give us COVID, but COVID gave us the Communist Chinese. And our government dropped the whole damn Wall of China on us.
Our men are to blame, of course. Because when real men do not step up, real women go to jail - as was the case with the hairdresser who refused to close her shop.
Not only did most of the men turn into squids but they allowed the machinery to de-glove their testicles. (I have only cared for one man with such an injury. It is not pretty....)
Now a disclaimer by sharing two vignettes from Texas, since this is the world of men, Bibles, and the "other" Word of God which is the final arbiter for threat. One Texan beat down another man - from a foreign nation, like California - who tried to tell him he needed to mask. My brother - stood down a young whippersnapper at QuickTrip who would not ring up his beverage because he was not wearing a mask. As the line snaked to the door, a uniformed officer walked in and bellowed, "Boy! You had better ring that man up!" And then the officer and my brother shook hands. This is a stand your ground state! And don't mess with Texas.
Masking was the least of our worries. We were forced into quackery science with a vaccine which was not supported by longitudinal studies for efficacy. At my own hospital, the revolt was so significant that some of our physicians just retired early and hospital staff were offered "religious exemptions" because so many were threatening to quit. Hell. You could declare as an atheist and receive an exemption. But in what was the most bizarre display of hysteria, a surgeon was sent home to shave his beard before he could enter the surgical suite. It was feared his N-95 mask would not be seated properly on his chin and offer the desired seal. Why he chose to be a squid, I do not know.
And then there were the attempts at social credit scores. My hospital generated a piece of paper to be displayed on our windshield which "allowed us" to be on call at night and drive about at 2 a.m. I shredded mine. Live free or die with a shout. No whimper from Swofford. And in the recovery room I would make sure my patients awakened from general anesthesia to a smile. I would briefly pull the mask down. "Hi! I am Tammy! I am going to take good care of you!" The de-personalization of care for "the greater good" (words created in Hell) was absolutely pathetic.
Our children suffered the most. Lost their social skills. Became addicted to screens. And most fell behind a year in their studies. Verbal skills declined. And the ability to detect social signals was lost. A smile is our most important asset and signal. Dental caries increased. Little masked faces ended up with more trips to the dentist.
There was a different challenge when children returned to the classrooms full-time. Every child was a genius during COVID. Every child was performing at the highest percentiles. Hmmm I have a friend who is a teacher. By the end of the first six weeks when kiddies returned to school parents were begging for tutors. Their genius had fallen behind. With more than a little glee she informed them, "I can't provide a tutor. Your child is an "A" student. They don't qualify." A year behind and on their way to Harvard because of parental intervention. wink
Let's not even talk about what happened to the housing market, and the impact on apartment pricing schemes after COVID. I am not sure we have recovered from what was the world's largest scientific experiment without the consent of the subjects. What I do know is this. Our Republic came under Communist rule.
But I like to remember that we are Americans. We will never allow this to happen again. Go ahead and try. Make our day.
Comments
Post a Comment