Dismount


To honor and remember the victims of 9/11 I wrote the following posts:


 https://opinionbytammy.blogspot.com/2026/09/swofford-never-forgets-i-have-never.html

https://opinionbytammy.blogspot.com/2026/09/the-memory-box-echoes-of-911-time-is.html

https://opinionbytammy.blogspot.com/2026/09/spree-killers-nineteen-spree-killers.html

https://opinionbytammy.blogspot.com/2026/09/hyphen-great-attainment-we-live-on-dash.html


I find it an interesting dynamic. Those directly impacted by the deaths of the innocent on 9/11 are allowed their thoughts... grief... remembrance of losses.  So "The Memory Box" is considered acceptable.  But what is not acceptable, that which makes us uncomfortable, is when the voices of millions of Americans, also deeply impacted by what was viewed on 9/11 can see that our voices are muted, emotional responses denigrated, and also be completely misunderstood and villified - especially when writing posts related to 9/11 - as I have done this week.

We reduce the many global attacks by Muslim terrorists since 9/11 to headlines for a day, perhaps two.  And we forget that survivors of victims from subsequent attacks in Germany, France, Great Britain and the multiple smaller attacks on U.S. soil extends a lifetime of trauma for what are the generational victims from such extreme hatred. Grief makes us uncomfortable, doesn't it?

So it is time to dismount prior to tomorrow.  To dismount from this Charge of the Light Brigade by this solitary rider (c'est moi) who remains deeply affected by what I view on 9/11 and subsequent days.

Do I hate Muslims?  Of course not.  I have had loving relationships and ample memories within the Muslim community since 9/11.  There is only one regret. (Readers of the older blog site are aware of the regret.)

But should Islam be called out for that which cripples and deforms the souls of too many Muslims?  Of course.  I am a Registered Nurse.  And I have also sought to bring emotional healing and health into the Ummah in my own way.  With love.  With kindness.  And with the understanding that in spite of my small efforts - tomorrow may present another tragedy.

May God Bless America.  And may our nation be at peace.

Tammy Swofford



Comments

Popular posts from this blog