I Guess it Just Depends on Where you Sit
Agitation propaganda. If vigorous promulgation of an idea requires snappy/snippy graphics...
Hawking of a super hero theme for robust policies with a "Green Lantern" video has no place on the official White House site. Where are the facts? I am not stating that our nation is not fairly sturdy. My belief is that we are stronger for having our current POTUS. But I hate that we must be entertained like four year old children. It is insulting.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/videos/let-those-who-worship-evils-might-beware-my-power-green-lanterns-light/
What is below was posted (elsewhere) online July 9th. I do not consider this rises to the level of ThreatCon. It is also just agitation propaganda.
When viewing any video or graphic which evokes a strong response, take a step back and engage a bit of reflection. The world is a less friendly place for our reliance on heightened emotional responses to what can be completely ordinary events.
In general, I use a simple measuring tool.
Have I viewed something scandalous or troubling? Should I speed dial my friend and report out the news or should I take a step back? Would a respected newspaper run this particular story on the front page and above the fold for their paper edition? Was this something worthy of a Pulitzer Prize in Journalism?
https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/mark-lamster-dallas-morning-news
Or is what I viewed a NarraNette - a narrative vignette - which turns you into a marionette?
"Is Tammy Swofford a respected journalist?"
Maybe I should take up knitting....
Or maybe we need to remember that each individual is so much more (or perhaps, less!) than what presents in digital form. Each day, I remind myself of the value of the books in my personal library. These present as real treasure.
swoffordwrites@gmail.com
Comments
Post a Comment