Aperture


I am writing in streaming consciousness manner; my thoughts that flow like water as my fingers touch the keyboard.  But this will resemble the watercolor works of Joseph Mallord William Turner - a bit of Impressionist journalism not necessarily built with facts, but thoughtful reflection.

My goal is to confront our impressions regarding Iran.   And I will include a secondary art form: photography.  Let me adjust the aperture and shutter speed to add a different level of richness to our frame. This brings a risk of being misunderstood.  I can live comfortably with it - but I cannot live with misinformation or disinformation. And I cannot live with dishonor.

The pressing need is to consider whether there is any immediate and valid reason to resume military actions against Iran.  Should there be an ovation and encore?  So bring along your own paintbrushes and camera.  Let's roll.

Initial adjustment of aperture and shutter speed. Let me begin with humor.  smile

Apophasis:

I promise not to mention the cost of the war.

https://iran-cost-ticker.com/

President Trump is going to send our senior population $90.

I promise not to mention that now a senior's equally old cat can dine on "Fancy Feast" for a solid month.

Second adjustment of aperture and speed.

Life expectancy:

If Iran achieves Isotope Utopia will our average life spans be drastically altered? Can we prove a measurable, anticipated change in life expectancy?   Show me the Actuary of War with the probabilities. Modus ponens.

So many ways to die.

You might be bitten by a shark in Kansas. Or it may be something much more complex, and actually cheaper, like something which is unseen and odorless (Qur'an 2:3 al Ghaib) such as 2:59 (Rijzan, a plague) or a poison (Sahih Al Bukari Vol. 6, Hadith 88).  Or Hell, we might get slapped by someone in Mosul (Qur'an 2:62) who cooks up something involving  Qura'n 2:173 (Maytata, or dead animals).

It may never be Surah Al Fil that comes knocking at our door, guys.

Final adjustment of aperture and shutter speed:

Iran as a nuclear power with intent to contain such power as a deterrent will be bounded by the same ROE's of other nuclear powers.  This places them in an exclusive club... which by the way... is currently not limited to Iran's ambitions, but ambitions being advanced within two additional nations.  AFRICOM was given the news for the first, with permission from the informant.  The latter, we are beginning to hear about in the news.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog